Larry Edelson
Tribute Page

Larry Edelson, 62, Senior Editor at Weiss Research, passed away peacefully on March 2, 2017.

Larry was a modern day Nostradamus who remained actively involved in his research until his very last days. He was a deep thinker about the future and practiced what he preached: Not only did he warn countless others to prepare for the long-term cycles of history, he also took important steps to prepare for the cycle of his own life.

Larry co-founded The Edelson Institute; he created a proprietary computer model that embodies his forecasting acumen; and he mentored Wayne Burritt, a very worthy successor – all prescient preparations to make it possible for his Institute to carry on his excellent work for years to come.

To celebrate his life, he leaves his cherished, devoted, and loving family, including his wife, Nong; his children Dr. Kari Edelson, Aaron Edelson, Kevin Edelson, Alex Edelson, and Megan Edelson; and many others.

If you would like to say something about Larry, send a message to his family, or simply express your thoughts, please do so below. All of us who knew and loved him will greatly appreciate your comments.

Comments 2,763

1. Lois Fine Sargeant March 6, 2017

To the family of Larry. You have my DEEPEST sympathy. He was a GREAT and intelligent man. I followed his advice. I will say a prayer for all of you. GOD Bless you all.

Peace be with you.

2. Witold Popiel March 6, 2017

He was a great man always seeing more than others. He will be missed but remembered by many. Deepest condolences to the family.

3. Steve Pike March 6, 2017

Such a shock. So very sad. A truly great man. I looked forward eagerly to his newsletters – often the highlight of the day. The financial world is noticeably far dimmer now that such a far sighted and gifted analyst has passed on. God bless you Larry on your next journey in eternity and my sincere condolences and prayers of comfort to his family and the Weiss team.

4. MARCELLA KLOSTERMAN March 6, 2017

I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FATHER,I DIDN’T KNOW LARRY WAS SICK, I BEEN WITH HIM FOR YEAR’S

5. Alan J Morelli March 6, 2017

So sorry to hear about Larry’s passing our prayers and thoughts are with Larry and his family.

6. Jim Brown March 6, 2017

I am shocked shocked shocked and saddened. Larry was the one man that I have stayed with as a consultant both financially and personally. Larry truly cared and I felt a kinship with him. I will miss him. My prayers to you — his family.

7. Harvey burrows March 6, 2017

What a shock. I had become accustomed to his advice and I valued it over many other experts in his field. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and associates . He will be deeply missed by us all.

Harvey Burrows

8. kathleen U March 6, 2017

I feel the loss of this caring, brilliant human being – so very sad –

9. Eugene Robinson March 6, 2017

thank you. what a generous and unexpected gift. I have enjoyed his candor and perspective for several years. he was one of the reasons I became interested in finance and its political implications both nationally and internationally. he will be missed. my deepest sympathy to family and friends who truly knew him. may god keep you all safe and bring you comfort.

10. Sam Carnley, CPA CGMA March 6, 2017

Edelson and Weiss Families, I deeply sorry for your “Loss” ! I gain much enjoyment from Larry’s writings, even though it has been for only a short time. I retain a great appreciation for his view point and candor. I will miss these intangibles as you will remember the “man himself”. A legacy within his our right and ours to appreciate. God Bless You and Grant you all Comfort You in this time of Bereavement.

May he rest eternally in peace.

11. Win Stiles March 6, 2017

I was shocked and deeply sadden by the news of Larry’s passing. I looked forward to his insightful views and historically inspired understanding of money, markets, and human foibles. I will miss him terribly. My most empathetic condolences to his family and colleagues.

12. Shannon March 6, 2017

I was only a subscriber &didn,not know him personally but I look forward to the real wealth report each month it will not seem the same. He made it all seem so personal for everyone . He will be missed God Bless M S

13. fred kreuscher March 6, 2017

Rarely am I shocked so deeply as by Larry’s sudden passing.
    He surely left a lasting impression of integrity and sincerity.
    I am confident The Edison Institute will succeed as did Larry.

Fred Kreuscher

14. Carol Glaser March 6, 2017

I am deeply sorry for the loss of Larry. My condolences to his family and all he worked with. I have been receiving his newsletter and financial wisdom for many years. He was someone I could trust concerning investing and financial information. He had great wisdom, yet he was not reckless with his advice. He will be deeply missed.

15. Daniel Van boxel March 6, 2017

Hi,

I am writing from South Africa where I have only recently, like the past 6 months, received the newsletter.
    Although I have personally not yet applied any of his advice, I did appreciate the insights and greatly enjoyed the knowledge given.
    My condolences to the family, it will be missed although his legacy is profound and indeed proof of a great mind and man.

Daniel Van Boxel

16. barry polansky March 6, 2017

I was shocked to hear of Larry’s passing, i have been a subscriber to Larry’s articles for several years, he
    truly had a remarkable insight about market strategies, his comments and foresight will truly be missed,
    my sympathies goes out to his family, may he rest in peace and may G-D give strength to his loved ones.
    Avat Shalom.

17. DR. CLAYTON T. WOLFE March 6, 2017

I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED EDELSON’S NEWSLETTERS. I TRUST HE IS AT A BETTER PLACE AND HIS WORK ALWAYS REMINDS ME OF A VERSE IN MY BIBLE: EPHESIANS 2: 10 L.B. — HELPING OTHERS. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
    SINCERELY,
    CLAYTON “TED” WOLFE DDS

18. Don March 6, 2017

I lost my wife two months ago. I know a little something about what you, Larry Edelson’s family, are experiencing. Please accept my condolences.
    Larry cannot be replaced. You, his children & Mr. Burritt, can try to incorporate what he passed on to you – & share it with us, some of Larry will endure & we will all be the better for it.

19. Jeffrey young March 6, 2017

LARRY
    YOU WILL ALWAYS
    BE WITH US !!!!
    ALWAYS REMEMBERING
    THE GREAT TIMES !!!!

20. Arthur A & Sigrid Neukom March 6, 2017

Dear Mrs Edelson and family
    Our deepest sympathy to you and your family in passing of your beloved husband and friend.
    We shall miss his forthright writings that we come to love about Larry. He has no pain now and he is with his Lord now. May God blessings be with your family. We’ll pray for you all that God will give you peace and hope.

And the Lord said: “Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest”
    Matth. 11.28