Larry Edelson
Tribute Page

Larry Edelson, 62, Senior Editor at Weiss Research, passed away peacefully on March 2, 2017.

Larry was a modern day Nostradamus who remained actively involved in his research until his very last days. He was a deep thinker about the future and practiced what he preached: Not only did he warn countless others to prepare for the long-term cycles of history, he also took important steps to prepare for the cycle of his own life.

Larry co-founded The Edelson Institute; he created a proprietary computer model that embodies his forecasting acumen; and he mentored Wayne Burritt, a very worthy successor – all prescient preparations to make it possible for his Institute to carry on his excellent work for years to come.

To celebrate his life, he leaves his cherished, devoted, and loving family, including his wife, Nong; his children Dr. Kari Edelson, Aaron Edelson, Kevin Edelson, Alex Edelson, and Megan Edelson; and many others.

If you would like to say something about Larry, send a message to his family, or simply express your thoughts, please do so below. All of us who knew and loved him will greatly appreciate your comments.

Comments 2,763

1. Dick B April 21, 2017

I always appreciated and admired Larry’s incite to and on the international scene. I am one that will miss the wit and knowledge. It took a large investment of time to get it together as he did on the finances of the world interwoven with the political scene. He was a good geopolitical analysts. There aren’t many. Seems it has to come from your bones. He was in a class with Bill Bonner.

2. Diane Caldwe;; April 20, 2017

I am so saddened and shocked to learn of the passing of Larry Edelson.

I met him several years ago now at a financial seminar & he’s a man and a talent that will be sorely missed.

My deepest sympathy to his family. God speed!

3. Alejandro del Castillo V April 20, 2017

I just knowed him by all his incredible work and knowledge.

He was a wonderful man with the teachings he always gave.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom for so many years.

All the world really will miss you.

4. Tim April 20, 2017

I did not find out until today, 4/20/2017. He died too soon. I can see Larry’s videos of contemporary events if he was around now. We are entering a period of great turmoil both economically and politically. He was one voice that gave you an idea about where things are going and was non chalant about doing so. He will be missed. His advice was down to earth and representative of what was really going on in the markets without the hype you see on the MSM or other outlets. As I said before, he will be sorely missed as the events of 2017 begin to unwind. Gone too soon. A Larry fan from M&M 7 years going.

5. Gus April 20, 2017

I am sorry for your loss! It is never easy, but the good memories, can help make it bearable. Once I lamented a loss, and I was told, to rejoice for the time that God had given this person in my life, rather than they are gone. For if they had never existed, I would never have had the loss, but also would never had the experience which was valuable enough to cause such grief.

6. Larry Raff April 19, 2017

My heart felt condolences to the Edelson family.
    I really enjoyed reading and seeing his big picture views on the world and their implications on investments.

His passing is a loss obviously to his family and friends but also to the broader investment community.

7. mark sontag April 18, 2017

We lost a great intellect and human being far too soon..

8. Maxine Burt April 16, 2017

So saddened of Larry’s passing. He will be remembered by many. Condolences to his
    family and friends.

9. An old friend April 14, 2017

RIP Larry! Should be fun watching it from that side eh?
    Positive thoughts and prayers to your family.
    God Bless
    Siochain!

10. Evelyn McMillan Hughes April 10, 2017

My husband and I were in a state of shock when we first read the news. We had been on vacation and were unaware of his passing. We had been followers of his writings and predictions for 15 years and we relied on his vision to help us through some difficult times. We learned to rely of his frankness
    and his forecasting, not because his timing was always correct, but rather to give some direction to future events. He earned our trust the old fashioned way, and we feel a great loss. May God bring comfort to his family and friends, at this very difficult time.

11. Maxine Burt April 5, 2017

I was shocked to hear of Larry’s passing. He will be greatly missed.
    My condolences to his family and friends.

12. christian April 4, 2017

My condolences to the Edelson family and closest friends.

13. Bette Israel April 3, 2017

I shall miss seeing his smiling face. May he rest in peace. Sholom

14. buddy April 3, 2017

he was well trusted by me i couldn’t wait for next issue always love his work hurts my heart

15. Michael Austin April 3, 2017

A remarkable gentleman, with a rare foresight and an openly honest quality, someone that you could always trust. I felt there was something wrong over here in the UK when I missed reading his weekly thoughts for Weiss, something I have done for many years. My love and condolences go out to his family and friends.

16. Henry McCown April 1, 2017

I just returned from a month overseas, without email, to learn of Larry’s death. My wife and I, RWR subscribers for years, are shocked and deeply saddened by this tragedy. Larry had come to be, simply put, a dear and trusted member of our family. We looked forward eagerly each day to his insights and wisdom, both concerning investing and life in general. He always impressed us with his honesty and willingness to call events as he saw them, even when his calls diverged from the big winds made by all the talking heads in NYC and Washington. We truly miss and mourn Larry. Vaya con Dios, friend!

17. Aimo Kalevi Hyyrynen March 31, 2017

I read Larry’s investment letters and writings for tens of years and will sorely miss them until I die (now 75 years old) and I am looking forward for his research,

18. John D. Dower March 31, 2017

God Bless Larry! He understood very much and shared his knowledge and intuition freely!

19. S. Jason March 29, 2017

I was very sorry to learn of Larry Edelson’s death. At first, I was shocked and thought it might be some kind of a cruel joke.

For the past several years I have very much enjoyed reading and listening to Larry’s big picture view of what can and does influence financial markets. I will very much miss him and his very personal insights.

My condolences to his family and colleagues.

20. Ken G March 29, 2017

I miss Larry’s unique view of the world. I feel I’ve learned more from the man, in the past three years, than any other financial annalists I’ve followed over the previous 35 years. My condolences to his readership and his entire family.